Its primary function, reflected in its collection, is to serve the teaching program. Its purposes are primarily educational, recreational and research reading.
The college library hopes to become truly the "star of the learning institution" as it provides light to the individual in acquiring knowledge for it is the integral part of the vital learning resources of the institution. Its emphasis should be in qualitative growth of the library, as a vital and indispensable reservoir of knowledge in the pursuit of quality higher education for NISU.
1. To help the institution in carrying out its learning programs.
2. To promote leadership and consistency in the development of the institutional systems which will be effective and efficient in accomplishing the institutional objectives.
3. To provide and organize the reading accessible collections of materials and supportive equipment to meet the instructional needs of students, faculty and staff.
4. To provide personnel which are qualified, concerned, and involved in serving the needs of students, faculty and community by providing facilities and resources.
5. To strengthen research activities and sustain high academic standards in order to produce quality and intellectually endowed students who are well-equipped with knowledge and are highly qualified to serve in their respective field of work.
NISU library aims to provide effective, efficient and excellent services, strengthen the adequacy of library resources both in print, non-print and electronic, create a welcoming and functional environment to the highest level of customer satisfaction that will promote valuable experiences in the academic endeavour of NISU community.