NIPSC only collect, use, and disclose personal information with our clientele knowledge and consent. Members of the academic community are enjoined to comply with and to share in the responsibility to secure and protect personal information collected and processed by college in pursuit of legitimate purposes.
What personal data NIPSC may collect and process?
- Information you provide us during your application for admission.
- Information we collect or generate after enrolment and during the course of your stay with us
How will NIPSC use the Personal data?
To the maximum extent allowed by law, NIPSC may use personal data to perform its mandate as a state funded educational institution. This may include a variety of academic, administrative, research, historical, and statistical purposes. For example, NIPSC may use the information to:
- assess applications for admissions and to process confirmation of acceptance of incoming students and transfer students;
- gather and maintain records of the student’s work, such as homework, seatwork, examinations, research paper, essays, and/or presentations;
- gather and maintain records, manually, electronically, or through other methods, of class attendance and participation in curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities;
- exchange information with regards to grades and class performance between and among faculty members, and other individuals with legitimate official need, for academic deliberations;
- process applications for scholarships, grants, and other forms of assistance;
- probe into reports of misbehavior and to disciplinary sanctions if necessary;
- compile information for directories and alumni records;
- generate data for statistical and research purposes;
- offer advice and/or assistance regarding your physical health, emotional, and/or psychological welfare;
- provide assistance to student’s needs in relation to information technology and library services;
- provide assistance to student’s needs in relation to sports/recreation development;
- provide assistance to student’s needs in relation to transportation, campus mobility, safety, and security services;
- announce official school communications;
- make information available to market and advertise NIPSC-related functions, events, projects, and activities;
- engage student’s participation in academic and non-commercial studies and surveys;
- keep parents informed of student’s class performance through correspondence and other forms of info system;
- fulfill the College legal obligations and duty.
In the event where the College requests personal information about a student or parent, and if the information requested is not provided, NIPSC has the right to refuse to enroll the student or permit the student to take part in a particular activity.
How will NIPSC share, disclose, or transfer Personal data?
By requirement of the law, NIPSC may also share, disclose, or transfer personal data to other persons or organizations in order to uphold student’s interests and/or pursue the College legitimate interests as an educational institution. NIPSC may share, disclose, or transfer student’s personal data to:
- notify concerned regarding admission to the College; award financial aid and scholarship grants; post class lists, class schedules, online or on school bulletin boards or other places within the campus;
- communicate information to parents, guardians, or next of kin, as prescribed by law, on a need-to-know basis, or as determined by the College, in order to best serve your interests and to ensure your health, safety, and security, or that of others;
- disseminate information to donors, funders, or benefactors to encourage contributions for scholarships, grants, and other forms of assistance;
- publish scholars’ graduation brochure for distribution to donors, funders, or benefactors;
- publish list of graduates and awardees in preparation for and during commencement exercises;
- release information to individuals or organizations, such as the SCUAA and other similar associations, to determine your eligibility to participate in academic, sports competitions, and other similar events;
- Governmental departments, law enforcement or detection agencies where we have a legal obligation to provide information;
- adhere to court orders, subpoenas, and/or other legal obligations;
- generate data through research or surveys for the development of the College;
- circulate academic, co-curricular, and extra-curricular achievements and success, including honors lists and names of awardees on school bulletin boards, website, social media sites, and publications;
- publish academic accomplishments or honors and co-curricular or extra-curricular achievements with schools you graduated from or were previously enrolled in upon their request;
- feature photos, videos, and other information in order to advertise the University, its activities and events, through promotional materials, such as brochures, website posts, newspaper advertisements, physical and electronic bulletin boards, and other media;
- stream live affairs and events of/in the College;
- publish information through news or feature articles in College publications and social media sites;
- disseminate information such as class lists and photos to hospitals, local health centers, and other similar organizations.
- Parents, guardians, or next-of-kin where there is a legitimate reason for disclosure;
- Third party data services providers.
How long will NIPSC retain Personal data?
NIPSC will retain personal data until the fulfillment of its purpose. In cases where a retention period is required by law, all records after such period will be duly and securely disposed of.
How will NIPSC store and retain Personal data?
Students’ personal data are stored and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats, including databases that are shared between NIPSC different units or offices. Access to student’s personal data is limited to University personnel who have a legitimate interest in them for the purpose of carrying out their contractual duties. Rest assured that the university will not allow excessive use of the student’s personal data.
How will NIPSC handle data breach?
Any data security incident or breach that comes to the knowledge of NIPSC will be recorded and reported as required by law. The College will takes reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Data.
If you have queries, requests and complaints regarding your rights, this Policy, or any matter involving the College and data privacy, you may contact the NIPSC’s duly designated Data Protection Officer:
Name : Engr. ZIRCON S.CULILANG
Telephone : 033-3970314 Local 1050
Office Address : Cudilla Ave., Estancia, Iloilo
NIPSC may make changes to this Policy from time to time. On such occasions, this will be disseminated through the College’s website and, when permissible, other means of communication. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting on the website.