The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management has the following objectives:
1. To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of the field of tourism.
2. To enable students to get a broad liberal education in arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
3. To enable students to get a strong background in business management, information system and technology, the overall dynamics of organization; skill in critical thinking; competence in interpersonal, oral, written, quantitative and computer skills. Practical application receives emphasis throughout the curriculum.
4. To enable students to gain an entry-level job as: Travel Account Representative; Tour Coordinator; Local Tourism Officer; Airline Flight Attendance; Tour Escort in the public or private tourism sector and/ or pursue graduate study.
5. To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
Program Outcome of the Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
Graduate of BSTM shall have the following competencies after graduation:
1. Display knowledge and understanding of the concepts and theories of tourism;
2. Apply principles of sustainable development in the tourism industry;
3. Exhibit knowledge of marketing local and international tourists’ destinations, as well as, the tourism and hospitality services;
4. Apply business principles in the dynamic and growing global fields of tourism;
5. Demonstrate skills needed to operate industry standard computer software;
6. Demonstrate communication skills appropriate in the workplace;
7. Interact and work with the people from diverse backgrounds and culture;
8. Provide opportunities for significant exposure to hospitality and tourism industry;
9. Inculcate values, work ethics, and professional demeanor.
1. Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management