GOALS OF THE INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION AND COMPUTER STUDIES
Specifically, the IICS attempts to:
- train students to become computer professionals knowledgeable and competent in meeting the growing demand for software developers and IT persons in government, business industry and education;
- incalculate in its students the value of independent and life-long learning;
- provide valuable services and to share expertise and facilities with various stakeholders on the transfer and promotion of information and communications technology for local, regional and national benefit;
- harness and undertake relevant ICT research directed towards mission-critical, public service-sensitive, development-management-supportive and revenue-generating areas.
OBJECTIVES OF COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
The program is designed to:
- lead the state college in the aspect of information technology and modern system application;
- equip student with adequate preparations, practicum programs, field exposures and related learning experiences to meet future needs;
- engage research and collaborative work with the industry to ensure the practical application of computer technology;
- promote personal development, social responsibilites and participation to the development of our nation.
OBJECTIVES OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
The program is designed to provide students with:
- a broad background across fundamental areas of IT along with a depth of understanding in a particular field of interest;
- fundamental knowledge regarding concepts, tools and method of applied IT, including the opportunity to learn appropriate conceptual and computation tools essential for a successful carreer and an understanding of the ethical and social responsibilites of IT professionals;
- skills for effective written and oral communication for technical and nontechnical people in the IT field and chosen area of interest, as well as skills and strategies for facilitating group projects and activities;
- working knowledge of leading-edge technologies and advanced systems through computer laboratory courses;
- prepatration for graduate studies in information technology education;
- promote personal development, social responsibilities and participation to the development of our nation.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology major in: